Friday 10 January 2014

Rugby literacy resources

With the England RBS Six Nations squad just announced and the tournament beginning three weeks today, here is a reminder of all the rugby literacy resources available on the National Literacy Trust and my websites.

If you have a school or library full of rugby fans, these could be useful:

Love Rugby: Love Reading: toolkit of ideas for rugby related reading activities, events and displays that you can use in classrooms and libraries.

Rugby literacy pack. Exercises, word searches and writing challenges for rugby fans.

Reviews of rugby books, magazines and websites suitable for children, drawn from my blog. (At the foot of the page.)

List of rugby fiction for children.

If I can do anything to enhance displays you're doing based on these resources, please let me know. I could add a personal message or offer a signed copy of my book Scrum! if you are having a competition...

... in fact, I'll offer six signed copies for schools or libraries that get in touch, if you can use it in conjunction with the above. I'll stop after six, so it'll be first come first served.

By the way, I am writing a rugby union trilogy for children at the moment. It will be published by Barrington Stoke in September 2014, February 2015 and September 2015. In time for the Rugby World Cup, taking place in England, autumn 2015.

Happy rugbying!

No comments:

Post a Comment