Tuesday 21 January 2014

Your football and literacy ideas please...

The National Literacy Trust  have asked me to update the reading motivation toolkit that I wrote for the 2010 World Cup.

Love Football Love Reading is a twenty-five page document with ideas about using the World Cup to encourage reading for pleasure in schools and libraries. It includes ideas for displays, events, activities and book groups.

This is the original.

For 2014 I want to do more than just refresh the toolkit. I want to create a whole new body of ideas.

Have you thought up or invented any sports literacy projects that we can include? Have you heard of other ideas? Do you have new ideas yourself?

The more input we get from other people the better this resource will be. Please help and please ask your networks.

The toolkit will be available for free at www.literacytrust.org.uk from May 2014. It will be designed and illustrated with England football images by the FA.

You can email me at info@tompalmer.co.uk with your ideas. Ideally before the end of February, as my deadline is mid-March.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment